In this era of globalization and technologies revolution, good education is the only option for underprivileged youths to equip themselves with the knowledge and skills to make a positive difference/impact in their country.
With the objective of educating more youths of the world to take their productive place as leaders in the global community as well as to support the noble efforts by Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Professor Muhammad Yunus, in improving the economic and social development of Bangladesh, Taylor’s University, through Taylor’s Business School is pleased to offer two goodwill scholarships to pursue a business degree to selected Bangladeshi youths.
Through this scholarship, the authority hopes to bring in the most promising yet underprivileged Bangladesh youths to Taylor’s University and develop them to become high achievers in their selected field of education.
Details of Scholarship
|Value of one Scholarship||Duration of Scholarship||No. per Annum||Remarks|
|RM 156,446||3 years||2||The full scholarship will cover tuition fees, miscellaneous charges, accommodation, return flight to Bangladesh (once per year) as well as monthly multi-stipends.|
- Academic qualification: Minimum 80% in Higher Secondary Certificate Examination or A-level (ABB)
- Age limit: Undergraduate program: Minimum 18 years and maximum 20 years as at 1st January 2013.
- Active in extracurricular activities and other previous achievements;
- Capacity and desire to innovate to make a difference;
- Leadership potential;
- Submission of an essay of 300- 500 words on “With a degree from Taylor’s University, my contributions to the society will be…. (please include your life experiences, if applicable, in the essay)”; and
- Total value of household income of not more than USD 600 (or equivalent to Tk. 48,000) per month
Recommendation & Decision for Scholarship Selection Process:
Professor Yunus will shortlist the best five(5) candidates. Taylor’s University will select the two deserving candidates among the five through their screening process.
Other terms and conditions of this scholarship:
These scholars are required to:
- achieve minimum of GPA 2.50 in each semester of their studies
- applicable for Business degree programmes offered by Taylor’s University
- be the International Ambassador for Taylor’s Business School
- take part in the Scholars@Workprogramme (280 hours per year)
- remain in the programme until completion. If a scholar decides to leave the programme before completion, they are required to pay back 100% of the scholarship amount disbursed on their studies at Taylor’s University.
List of Programs Offered by Taylor’s Business School
1. Bachelor of Business (Hons) Business Administration
2. Bachelor of Business (Hons) Human Resource Management
3. Bachelor of Business (Hons) International Business
4. Bachelor of Business (Hons) International Business and Marketing
5. Bachelor of Business (Hons) Banking and Finance
6. Bachelor of Business (Hons) Finance and Economics
7. Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Accounting and Finance
31 May 2013 (for the August 2013 intake)
Send application to:
Grameen Bank Bhaban, 16th Floor
Tel: 9005257-69, Ext: 1396